Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
1. As per COPPA regulations, KampungChat does not allow people under 9 years of age to use the network or any of its services.
2. Access to this network is a privilege, not a right. KampungChat staff reserves the right to deny access to or remove anyone from the network or any of its services without warning or explanation.
3. We are here to make friends, not enemies. If you bring a fight from another medium, KampungChat reserves the right to ask you to leave or forcefully disconnect you.
4. By connecting, you agree that you do not threaten the security of the network and/or its users by participating in and/or encouraging activities such as, but not limited to: DoS (Denial of Service) and/or DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks, botnet attacks, clone floods, cyber-bullying, or any other form of action and/or activity that KampungChat deems unacceptable or harmful to its network, staff, users, and/or services. If you are found to be breaking any rules, we reserve the right to forcefully ban and/or eject you from the network and, if necessary, provide logs, your IP address, and any other evidence that may be requested to the authorities.
5. Discussion of, promotion of, and/or participation in illegal activities is strictly forbidden on KampungChat. We would like to note the laws that apply in the offline (“real”) world must be obeyed on KampungChat. We have no tolerance whatsoever for illegal behavior and will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies on such matters.
6. We request that you use common sense and that you are respectful to all users and staff at all times. If you do not agree with or are offended/bothered by a specific user, please use your client’s /ignore function. Fights or arguments are to be taken to private message or other methods of communication, such as IM or e-mail. If a user is circumventing your efforts to avoid/ignore them, please contact an KampungChat staff member immediately.
7. Ban evasion is not allowed on KampungChat. While privately owned channels are to govern, police, and handle ban evasion amongst their own staff, KampungChat staff will step in, if necessary.
8. Social engineering (tricking/manipulating) and impersonating other users and/or staff is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, registering another user’s nicknames, claiming to be a staff member and/or staff in general, initiating and/or participating in channel takeovers, or telling a user to do something that may cause harm in any way. Failure to comply will result in a network ban. Please note that staff will never ask you for your password(s). If someone is in violation of this rule, please report them to a staff member in #Help as soon as possible.
9. If you are being threatened via private message, notices, or any other methods of communication within the network or through any of its services, you are responsible for reporting them to the staff. If you either refuse, decide otherwise, or forget to report them, KampungChat staff cannot be held responsible for continuing harassment that may occur as a result.
10. KampungChat cannot be held responsible for any content that may be posted on the network or any of its services, such as, but not limited to: “torrents,” “cracks,” “warez,” and pornography, via methods including, but not limited to: channel messages, DCC chat, private messages, notices, and website/forums.
11. Do not mass-invite people to your channel(s). Doing so from a network owned channel will result in a ban.
12. Spamming, or unsolicited advertising, is strictly forbidden on KampungChat. If you connect intending to advertise an IRC network or other unapproved services, you will be promptly removed from the network without notice.
13. Connecting to the network via an unsecure proxy or Tor (without using our Tor-SASL service) is prohibited. You are welcome to request a BNC, as long as you meet the guidelines.
14. Friendly bots are allowed, do not violate the AUP, are not malicious in any way, and do not bother other users. Bots used to inflate a channels user count are not allowed under any circumstances.
15. The decisions of KampungChat staff are final and are meant to be observed. While appeals may be filed for most bans, please follow staff’s direction unless otherwise instructed. If you do not agree with a staff member’s actions and find them abusive, please e-mail [email protected] with the appropriate logs and information so we can look into the issue further.
16. The terms of the AUP may be changed at any given time with or without prior notice and will apply to all current and new users thereafter submission. We reserve the right to interpret the AUP as we find necessary and to enforce it as required depending on the specific situation.
17. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL KAMPUNGCHAT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND/OR ITS AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF KAMPUNGCHAT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. KAMPUNGCHAT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE(S) DONE AS A RESULT OF CONNECTING.